1. Stress Less
Having some stress in your life is quite normal. However ongoing high level stress can be bad for you.
• Do things that you enjoy
• Learn how to say ‘NO’
• Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
2. Sleep Better
Sleep is extremely important. Sleeping better is more about the quality of the sleep you get, not about the length of time you spend sleeping.
• Limit your caffeine intake after 4pm
• Avoid using electronic devices too close to bedtime
• Avoid going to bed too early
3. Get Active
Regular physical activity has many health benefits including improving your quality of sleep and reducing stress. It is an important part of looking after your Mental Wellbeing.
• Start with something small or easy
• Do something you enjoy
• Invite a friend
4. Eat Well
Eating the right foods is great for getting an overall sense of wellbeing. Your diet should include:
• Fruits and vegetables
• Wholegrain cereals
• Meat, fish, poultry or a suitable alternative
• Dairy products (low fat if possible)
• Plenty of water
5. Reduce Use
Reducing your use of alcohol and/or drugs will be better for your overall health and wellbeing.
• Make a Plan
• Set limits
• Avoid situations that may tempt you to drink or use drugs
• Seek help from your GP
For more information visit www.beyondblue.org.au
Retail Manager @ Your Late Night Chemist